Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pretty Things...

You may have noticed the new picture to the left of my Blog :) Its a direct link to my new photography site, which showcases my notion of visual beauty. I've begged all my friends to let me take portraits and also to let me photo their pretty homes/food/stuff....

To be prefectly honest, I'm not interested in portrait photography; but I AM interested in architecture and interiors. Carla Coulson suggests that the budding photographer should try out as many genres as possible, so I am going to stretch my interests.

This has been a great excuse to load myself up with photography books and magazines such as Vogue Living, Gourmet Traveller, Belle, Country Style and Donna Hay. I might buy some copies of Conde Nast's Traveller and also go back through all the World of Interiors that I have stashed. Its actually really enjoyablke, this photography lark. A LOAD of work, but I am really, truly enjoying it - I look forward to getting started each day.

Its had a knock-on effect as well - I've been working on putting my own Sabian Oracle* deck together (as one does) by making my own printing stamps. I went looking for Zodiac stamps, but they were all really tacky, or expensive, so I stumbled across Eraser Carving (http://erasercarver.wordpress.com/) and am now busily carving and embossing my own set of Zodiac stamps. They look FAB, if I do say so myself. I've put together an archive of Zodiac images on my Pintrest Board here: http://pinterest.com/domestictriffid/

It seems creativity begets more creativity.....




xxx Molly


* See here http://www.sabiansymbols.com/sabian-story.html for an explanation of the Sabina Symbols :)

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you guys on Sunday!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, **really** looking for to seeing how your deck progresses, that is right up my street!

    ReplyDelete