Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Wild Donkey Method of Knitting Scarves

Now I know that we have Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter in Aries at the moment, which is the astrological equivalent of a nitro-boost in all the major areas of your life, but this is ridiculous.....

Since my last post about using the Wild Donkey Method for getting things done I have knitted 5, count 'em, 5 scarves, by honouring this mad drive to knit until my fingers drop off. I have NO idea why the Aries thing is manifesting in me this way. None of my usual urge to write, but by golly a desperate need to have wool running through my fingers...

Two of the scarves went with my parents to the UK today, but I have a photo of the others. The wool is Moda Vera "Faith" - how appropriate :) - with a little of my old sparkle wool thrown in. Its a mohair mix that sheds like crazy, but the colour variations are gorgeous.

I had a plan to sell these here on my Blog, and in my Etsy shop, but having checked out what these scarves sell for - @ $30-$35 -  I have discovered that I would be doing it for about $7 an hour.... cos I just don't knit that fast. I'm also competing against machine knitters, who can turn out a scarf like this in about 10 minutes, whereas it takes me 2 1/2 to 3 hours to knit it all by hand.

Still, am NOT moping about the death of a business idea. Now I have all these gorgeous pressies to give people.

....And I will be checking out machine knitting - I'm intrigued by what I have learnt checking out the competition..... so on the whole, I think I'm one up here !







xxx Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment