Chucking like an insane thing. Its been building in me for a while, then I got “The Joy of Less” by Francine Jay and it has accelerated over the event horizon – and I do mean cleaning the top of the fridge !!!
I like to have a good purge before an eclipse anyway – to make space for all the fabulosities about to enter my life – but this is unprecedented.
So, today is “Chuck 80% of My Wardrobe” day. I’m excited about it !! Have a Verducci Party in a fortnight and am determined to capsule my wardrobe to within an inch of its existence…..
I feel sooo much lighter... in my heart :))
Also; scarves I've never used. Handbags I brought on special and have never worn....
A beautiful silk scarf I brought for a girlfriends two decades ago, then decided to keep because its so beautiful; but she turned out to be a completely crazy psycho, so I've never worn it because it always reminds me of her. Now its gone out of my life and so has she !!!
A number of friends from school have said I should sell these clothes, but apart from one very expensive work jacket, that I only ever wore to interviews, and I am NEVER going back to that corporate world again; NONE of it is worth the time and trouble of photoing and putting up on eBay and Craigslist.
I did give some of it away - the jeans, pretty nighties and Bravado bras; but the rest of it can go to the Salvos with my blessing. I was a starving student for many, many years and got all my clothes from the Salvos 'cos I couldn't afford to buy new. Time to pay some of that back I think !! Some of these clothes still have the tags on them and most of them have hardly been worn. I hope that someone else will find them and love them and wear them, rather than putting them on and going "What was I thinking ?!? This colour makes me look ill !" which is what I was doing....
Ahhh the space. The joyfulness. The fact I can see the back of my wardrobe and the bottom of my drawers. The amazing re-appearance of a stack of gorgeous clothes that have been obscured by piles of clothes in the wrong size/colour/fabric/life... And just in time for the eclipse tomorrow morning in my domesticity sector.
Hmmm... wonder if I have time to declutter the laundry drawers ?

xxx Molly
No comments:
Post a Comment