Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Chaos Magick


Ahhh Chaos magick… Apart from the deeply silly language, it makes a LOT of sense. I particularly like Kitchen Witchery – one of my most longstanding tricks is to summon people by making a pot of tea. Works like a charm (tee hee) on my tea-obsessed pommy family; but the best bit is new friends coming into the house and saying “Sorry I’m late ! How did you know I was coming now ?” – the answer is “I summoned you using the Rite of Dilmah” :)

I’ve always said that Magic is using your Will to work change upon the World. (The Magician) Ritual merely helps you focus that Will. That being said WARNING, LONG ESOTERIC RAMBLE COMING UP if we are indeed spiritual beings having a human experience and Godde helps those who helps themselves; then in a very real way when we use our Will to work our Way on the World Godde has indeed given us the most marvellous tool to accomplish our aims – the pink wiggly things on the ends of our arms.

I always ask myself, before I start a ritual or cast a spell “Is this something I could accomplish by actually getting off my arse and doing ?” Nine times out of ten, a motivational poster ( I LOVE making motivational posters) stuck to the back of the toilet door and on the fridge will accomplish as much as a gram of copal and some green candles lit on a Wednesday under a waxing moon engraved with the Fehu rune.

Don’t get me wrong – I do believe in the energetic currents of the Universe, and have just very successfully had my house Feng Shui-ed, but I do often find that magick ritual tends to be used as a lazy shorthand for actually DOING something. All the ritual in the world is not as effective as 30 minutes solid meditation every day without fail. If you do Buddhism you learn not to need magick at all, which I think is a very satisfactory outcome.

I mean, really, why would you doing magick ? Really ? I have come across some fairly powerful spells for meeting higher beings and carrying out healings and sending power and healing to people, but honestly the same things can be accomplished with Reiki and Journeying. And the dark stuff (and even the light grey stuff) just makes me shudder.

I am always reminded of Mystic’s acupuncturist (I think) who said that desiring stuff is like sitting naked in the middle of a thorn bush – any time you reach out for something you are hurting yourself. The best thing is to sit quiet and still and be content in yourself. Dark Magic shows me, painfully, the lack of contentment and hurt in other people’s souls. Its disturbing. Whereas using magic to manipulate family and acquaintances in to being more punctual is *completely* acceptable.








xxx Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment