Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Not Doin' Nuthin'

I am having a non-Wild Donkey moment right now. I really don't feel like doing anything creative. No poetry. A teensy bit of knitting (made a VERY cute bag). No writing.

VERYcute bag. Cute, eh ?
I have been rearranging the furniture and making curtains for things - but that comes under "Nesting" rather than "Creativity".... Reading over my Perfect  English decorating books again, getting ideas, although there's not much you can do in a rented house, hence the curtains and re-arranging.... I also like the "mend-and-make-do" attitude of these books, although some of the make-do is artfully constructed, extremely expensive "make-do". Still, it  has inspired me to make curtains for the kitchen cupboards to hide their gap-toothed ugliness. When I can be arsed getting out the sewing machine....

I think its coming out of a good two months of hideous illness, both on my part and the boys. I need to convalesce a bit. Look at pretty pictures. Sit in the sun. Get the food budget back under control. Go for walks. Drink lots of vanilla rooibos and generally count my blessings that I'm not feeling wretched right now.

I'm sure the urge to pick up the pen will come upon me soon, but right now I have another cute bag to knit !







xxx Molly
Perfect English Cottage Perfect English

No comments:

Post a Comment